Six Steps To Balancing A Horse & Hoof
For safety reasons, every Horse Owner, Farrier, and Veterinarian should have an understanding of the Basic Fundamentals of Trimming and Shoeing.The "Six Steps" philosophy is easy to understand for all levels, Beginner to Novice.
What's the worse thing that could happen if a horse is out of balance?
Riding on An improperly trimmed or shod horse endangers the life of the horse and the rider.
Casey & Son has developed "Six Steps to Balancing the Horse and Hoof for Sound Shoeing" which is now "The Grammar School of Trimming and Shoeing Horses" on DVD.
We share this information not only with our students but we offer clinics for horse owners at our school and in lectures for horse fairs, clinics, horse clubs and state council meetings and for various horse related groups in an effort to educate anyone interested in the care and maintenance of the horses hooves.
Casey & Son offers an outstanding education derived from our in-depth studies of basic shoeing over the past two decades. From teachings hundreds of students and involvement with the BWFA Farrier Association, we have approached the teaching aspect of farrier science in a whole new light, unlike other schools and instructors.
We have a simple, yet effective teaching method. This allows the students learn faster and enjoy their training. We have developed a revolutionary new method that eliminates excessive book work and study-time in the classroom.
- Each day includes hands-on horseshoeing.
- Our teaching methods help students to understand and actually see the importance of proper shoeing.
- We teach students that each horse is like an individual patient and the farrier is the highly specialized care provider.
- We emphasize the quality of the work performed on each horse, not how fast a student can shoe a horse.
- Students will develop speed in time.
- Students are treated as individuals who learn at different paces.
- Whether students attend a short course as a horse owner or a longer course focused on professional horseshoeing, they learn valuable knowledge about the whole horse.
You will learn the technical methods of shoeing horses without all of the usual book work, making it faster and easier to learn!